Does the sudden cravings for having a sweet dessert-like, and some crisp and soft Belgian waffle hit you hard? Have you ever thought to yourself that it would be much better if we were the owners of a waffle outlet just so that we could have waffles at any time? Relatable? I have wondered about this a lot, and every time I swallow down a waffle, it always feels comforting. But, obviously, I couldn’t have it all the time, and I would not be able to get one every time I feel like having a Belgian waffle. But, buying a waffle iron solves the problem. Belgian waffles anytime, anywhere, as and when I want. Here is my take on the fantastic NordicWare 15040 Cast Aluminium Stovetop Belgium Waffle Iron review, which is considered one of the best waffle iron products in the market.
- 1 About NordicWare:
- 2 NordicWare 15040 Features:
- 3 NordicWare 15040 Stovetop Belgian Waffle Maker : Pros and Cons
NordicWare is a kitchenware company that was started in the year 1946 in Minneapolis by a couple after the second world war. With over 70 years of field presence in providing the best kitchenware ethnic utility products not just in Minneapolis, but supplying all over the world, the business has been running in the family for three generations. It has millions of fans worldwide for its varied products that are primarily considered for the best quality at affordable rates.
On that note, let us look at some of the best NordicWare 15040 features, for which, this waffle maker is most demanded in the market.
NordicWare 15040 Features:
It is hard to choose a product without getting to know what the product is worth and what is unique about it. For products like NordicWare 15040 Stovetop Belgian waffle maker, it could be quite interesting and curious to know about the specialties about the product. So here are the features –
1. Four waffles at once:
With this NordicWare original stovetop waffle maker, you get to make not one, but four waffles at the same time. There are four grids for holding the batter, and the waffle maker has an overall size of 7.5 inches by length and 7.5 inches in breadth. That’s right; you get to have square sized waffles with this waffle maker. I got to make many crispy and soft waffles for my family very quickly and in a short time, since this feature of making four waffles simultaneously makes the job easier and much fast. I would surely recommend this product if you are often faced with family gatherings and meetings who look ahead to having a delightful time, and yet you have no idea what you could use to make the gathering more special. Well, now you do.
2. Gets to heat quickly with no electricity required:
This waffle iron is made of aluminum, which means that it takes very little time to heat. Although not like other cast iron waffle makers, which stays heated for a longer time, I found that this NordicWare cast aluminum waffle maker stays warm only for a short period of time. This waffle iron does not require any electricity for heating up as it is much suitable for the stovetop. Just like any other waffle iron, this waffle maker is also required to be preheated before you actually start making waffles. On keeping it above the stovetop, I had to heat it on one side for a few minutes and then flip to over to heat on the other side as well. Once this is done, you could start pouring in the batter.
3. Sticking of waffles inside the maker is not going to happen:
Rest assured that this waffle maker comes with a Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) coating that prevents the crisp and perfect waffles from sticking on to the surface of the deep squares. It made it quite easy for me to make waffles with this feature because I have heard a lot of people throw away waffle makers just because waffles stuck to the surfaces. This made me think twice before buying this product, but yet, once I started making waffles, it was very comfortable as it does not stick to the surface and comes out easily.
4. Cooking is very simple and quick:
As compared to other waffle makers that may take considerable time in cooking, the NordicWare original stovetop waffle maker takes a maximum of only 5 minutes to make delicious waffles. Firstly, you will have to put the waffle iron on the stovetop and preheat both the sides of the iron for 2 minutes. After the iron is heated, you can spray the vegetable oil over the waffler and then, pour the batter into the waffler and shut the lid. Wait for about 30 seconds, and open the lid to flip over the waffle maker and wait for another minute to cook. Bam!! Your waffle is done. After this, you can take your time comfortably to add flavors and toppings of your choice. Sounds like something you immediately want to have, right?
5. Convenient cleaning:
As said earlier, sticking of waffle to the iron is not going to happen, and, on that note, cleaning becomes much an effortless task with this waffle maker. It is most advised by experts that you clean the waffler with soapy and warm water before and after use with most care. The interlock that holds both the sides of the waffler together is easily detachable, thus, making it an even easier task to clean the waffle iron. It is also recommended that you do not use any metal utensils, caustic cleaners, and pads that may damage the waffle maker while cleaning.
6. A handle that keeps cool:
With the waffle maker being made of waffle iron and aluminum, the handle to hold the appliance is made of plastic. This prevents the heat from catching up on the handle, thus, giving full control of the waffle maker to you while cooking. This helps your hand from burning over the heat. But also, there have been a lot of reviews that they handle it too small, and thus, you would require mittens while cooking by holding the handle.
NordicWare 15040 Stovetop Belgian Waffle Maker : Pros and Cons
Therefore, these are some of the NordicWare 15040 features that serve as the best reasons to buy the product. Let’s move on and look at some of the pros and cons of the NordicWare 15040 Stovetop Belgian waffle maker
As a part of these NordicWare 15040 Waffle maker reviews, here are some of the most appealing benefits and pros of this waffle maker –
- It is a bit old fashioned and this is one of the amazing advantages because you could have the crispiest, yet soft, traditional waffles anytime you want. All you would be required is the NordicWare Cast aluminum waffle maker, batter, and stovetop for cooking.
- With the main body of the waffle maker being made of aluminum that helps to heat up the appliance quickly, thus, saving a lot of your time for cooking; the handle is made of plastic though. This prevents the heating of handle, and so, you could get to take full control of the waffle maker while making the waffles.
- The waffles don’t stick to the surface, and it is very easy to take the waffle out of the waffle maker after it has been cooked. The fact that it has PTFE on the surface prevents the cooked waffles from sticking to the surface.
- With that being said, this makes the cleaning very much easier. You wouldn’t have to break your head in scratching the remains out of the waffle maker, and it is non-stick and comes off very easily. Both the sides of the waffle maker could be easily removed, and so, cleaning becomes even more simple.
- The pockets that hold the batter are deep. This makes your waffle thicker and quite crispy.
- Available at a cheap rate in almost all online shopping platforms. It is also an Amazon choice product and has received great reviews and ratings from the users.
Giving you the perfect NordicWare 15040 Waffle Maker reviews, here are the cons of this product.
- In the initial stages, when you have just bought the product, the waffles are the best. But, as time goes and you keep using this waffle maker, it is notable that the waffles start getting burnt. This is one of the major complaints, as reported by many users.
- Although this is made of cast aluminum and considered to be much lightweight than the old-fashioned traditional cast iron waffle maker, there have also been reviews that it is not as durable as the other waffle makers in the market.
- The PTFE coating over the surface of the waffle maker proves to be that there are chemical substances on the surface, and you may not be able to completely wash this off.
- The handles are also said to be a bit flimsy to handle, and you would be required to wear mittens as the handle is comparatively small.
So, here is the NordicWare 15040 Cast Aluminium Stovetop Belgium Waffle iron review that provides you with everything you need to know about the waffle maker.